University at Buffalo

Students Needing Assistance Program (SNAP)

Last Updated on Jul 01 2014 9:13 AM

Why do I have a hold on my student account?

During your time enrolled at UB you signed up for SNAP (Students Needing Assistance Program). You received either a loan computer, or a $500 loan towards a purchase of a new computer. To remain eligible for the program you had to do the following:

  1. Stay consecutively enrolled for your 4-year program with a minimum of 12 credit hours in a course of study or certification from UB
  2. Stay financially qualified for all 4 years, determined by FASFA status
  3. If you did not do as stated above you were required to pay back the unused portion (depreciated value) of the loan to the SNAP Program as per the depreciation chart included in your original loan contract. A hold was placed on your account after we were unable to resolve the unpaid SNAP contract over a semester. To see your amount, enter your UB Person Number in the “CHECK YOUR SNAP STATUS” box at right, or email with your complete name and UB Person Number.


UB Person Number:

Where do I find my UB Person Number?
We are not accepting
new applications.

What if I have questions about SNAP?

Students should email with their UB Person Number and full name as it appears in UB records while they were enrolled at UB if they have any questions about the SNAP account.

How can I buy out my SNAP contract?

To remove a hold on your student account you must buy out your SNAP contract. Payments can be made by mailing a check or money order to the address below:

Please make checks payable to UB Foundation Activities Inc., and mail them to:

CIO Administration Office
Attention: SNAP
432 Capen Hall
SUNY Buffalo, North Campus
Amherst, NY 14260

SNAP Home Page  |   Contact Us